Monday 5 December 2016

Lima - Miraflores district

DAY 6 - On my way back from Machu Picchu, I stayed at Hostal Inti Wasi for one night in Cusco since Hostal El Triunfo was full. The staff were helpful at both hotels. The front desk person from Hostal El Triunfo took my carry-on to Hostal Inti Wasi and the staff at Hostal Inti Wasi delivered it to my room. Both hotels are in excellent location right by the Plaza de Armas. My room rates included breakfast and free Wi-Fi.

Hostal Inti Wasi (Inti means "sun”, Wasi means “house”) has a nice and spacious breakfast area and the food choices were good.

After breakfast, I asked for a taxi to Cusco airport. Then from there, I flew to Lima. The flight was fine and took about two hours. Once arrived at Lima international airport, I booked a taxi at the official taxi desk in the terminal to take me to hotel Los Girasoles in Miraflores district. The ride cost 60 soles (US$20) and took about 45 minutes with some traffic.

My first impression of Lima: a busy city, with a mix of old and new buildings that did not look well planned! My taxi ride passed by the Pacific coast on one side and a cliff on the other. I saw a few paragliders flying above the ocean. Lima is also much warmer than Cusco.

Paraglider by Pacific Ocean, Lima
Once arrived at hotel Los Girasoles, I got a room with two beds and a private bathroom. The hotel has a restaurant on site, and nice, small seating areas in the lobby. I booked an English speaking Lima City Tour by LimaVision for tomorrow afternoon at the hotel front desk. This tour has two departures daily at 9:50 AM and 2:50 PM. The tour cost US$33 including hotel pick-up and drop off.

I walked from the hotel to Larcomar shopping centre which was located by the Pacific Ocean, and spent some time walking along the promenade and some main streets in Miraflores. There are lots of restaurants, shops and hotels in this area. Here are some pictures around the Larcomar shopping centre. Click to enlarge them.

Larcomar shopping centre, Lima
Dinner in hotel Los Girasoles was good. I forgot to take picture of my order. So far all the food I had in Peru have been tasteful and inexpensive.

Another fine travel day from Cusco to Lima!

Next post: Huaca Pucllana and Lima City Tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment