1. Exercise in the gym three times per week. Yes for April and May! This is one of my ongoing activities. I asked a friend to join me at one of my workouts in the 2nd week of May and it was great!
2. Practice yoga twice per week. Yes for April and May! What can I say? I find focusing on my breathing and movements calms my mind.
3. Go for a long walk outdoors once per week. Yes! In April and May, I've done either 5K walk or 5K run on Sundays. Truly enjoy the greenery and flowers in my neighbourhood at this time of the year!
4. Learn Spanish online fifteen minutes daily. Yes for April and May! This activity is my brainteasers every morning.
5. Sign up early for a 5K running race in September. Not yet. This race is to take place on Centre Island. Unfortunately, the island has been flooded by the heavy rainfall that we’ve had this Spring. It is currently closed to visitors. All events on the island in June have been cancelled. Even though the race date is in September and things should get back to normal by then, since the registration fee is non-refundable, I’m thinking I should wait closer to September to register, just in case the race gets cancelled.
6. Meet up with my sister from out of town. Yes! She was here in the 1st week of May. We had fun catching up, going for coffee, and window shopping.
7. Celebrate two family birthdays. May birthday (Yes!). June birthday (Coming up).
8. Start booking a second trip for the summer. In progress. More to come...
9. Read about my summer travel destinations. In progress. I’ll continue reading until after the trips.
10. Post once a week on my blog. Yes! I actually posted twice per week in April and May.
11. Get a haircut before going to Costa Rica. Not yet. I’ll get it done in June.
I also added a few new activities that were not on my Spring activity list:
- Swimming on Saturday morning: I started with 30 laps on April 9, then increased by two laps per week, with a big jump to 50 laps in the 3rd week of May.
- Refreshing my rental condo: I started this project at the end of April, and should finish at the end of May. I experienced a delay with the carpeting which is now scheduled for May 30. Can't wait!
- Cooking easy and yummy recipes: Chicken Sausage Skillet, and Sausage and Asparagus Bowl, both from Sheila's Making the Most of Every Day blog. Thanks, Sheila!
- Attending more arts and entertainment in May: A visit to the AGO, cappuccino and visual arts at Harbourfront, and a piano and violin recital at St. Andrew’s church. Simply wonderful and enriching!