The condo building is about twelve years old. The hallway carpet, walls, lighting, and door handles in the common areas of the building were just refreshed last year.
My condo unit has hardwood floor in the living room, carpet in the bedroom and den, and tile floors in the kitchen and bathroom. The carpet is due to be replaced. A new coat of paint will freshen up the rooms.
I attached two pictures that I took before renting out my condo unit several years ago. One is the open concept kitchen and the other is the living and dining rooms, just to give you an idea. The living room walks out to a balcony with a view of lake Ontario and the islands.
|Living and Dining rooms|
- paint the whole unit, about 825 square feet.
- paint all kitchen cupboard doors and drawers.
- paint two bathroom cupboard doors below the sink.
- put in new carpet for bedroom and den, or replace all existing flooring with new hardwood floor.
- remove the fixed desk in the den area for more flexibility with furnishings.
- remove the small medicine cabinet in the bathroom for a more spacious look.
- change the shower head in the bath tub to a nicer handheld shower head.
- change the curtain for the window in the bedroom to blinds.
Now onward to find a contractor for the project, and to shop around for paint, carpet, blinds, and shower heads! My sister knew a contractor who had finished her basement and she was satisfied with his work so I’ll start with him. I have a feeling May is going to be a busy month LOL.
If this was your investment/ rental condo, would you replace all existing flooring with new hardwood floor? What colour would you choose for the new hardwood floor, and the paint colour palette for the condo? Would your choices be different if you were to sell the unit, as opposed to rent it out?