Sunday 9 April 2017

Sunday thoughts 2017/04/09

We had a sunny weekend with spring temperatures that were perfect for being outdoors, getting some fresh air, seeing small flowers poking out of the ground, and listening to the bird sounds.


Happy I’ve accomplished the following this past week:

Fitness:
  • Exercised each weekday morning (gym three times and yoga twice).
  • Resumed indoor swimming and did 30 laps on Saturday morning.
  • Walked 5.6 km (3.5 miles) outdoors on Sunday morning and enjoyed the sunshine.
  • Learned Spanish fifteen minutes daily.
Family:
  • Received the rental bins and moving supplies as ordered for my parents’ move.
  • Packed my parents’ stuff to be ready for the move next week.
  • Made phone calls to re-confirm essential services for my parents at their new home.
  • Got the routine house chores done for my own family: laundry, grocery shopping, cooking, and cleaning up. My DH also pitched in.
  • Enjoyed meals at home with my family.
Friends:
  • Went out for cappuccinos with a close friend.
  • Called another dear friend to wish her a happy birthday.
Fun for myself:
  • Browsed the plants and flowers at the local garden centre.
  • Thought about new floral arrangements and how I can make them.
  • Researched and read more on potential travel destinations.
  • Wrote about my trip to Lisbon and Sintra on my blog.
What I look forward to this upcoming week:
  • Making it another productive week.
  • Finishing my parents’ move to their new home.
  • Enjoying the long Good Friday/ Easter weekend with my family.
How was your week? What are you looking forward to next?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo of the lake! And all the best in getting your parents moved to their new home, which I'm sure will be a huge relief for both you and them once completed. And look forward to hearing more about where you are going next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tamara. The move went well, on time, and nothing broken or missed. I'm looking forward to having some rest and fun this long weekend.

      Delete