Saturday 22 April 2017

Saturday thoughts 2017/04/22


A Saturday morning post as we’re heading for our weekend getaway, returning home late on Sunday evening. The above floral arrangement was a rushed job and was easy to make.

I had a busy week and got a few mini pop up projects at home that require me to do extra thinking and planning. I’m looking forward to enjoying our family getaway this weekend.

Happy I’ve accomplished the following this past week:

Fitness:

  • Exercised each weekday morning (gym three times and yoga twice).
  • Continued indoor swimming on Saturday and increased the number of laps from thirty four last week to thirty six this morning. Feeling invigorated after my swim!
  • Learned Spanish fifteen minutes daily, currently learning new nouns and verbs, present, past and future tenses.

Family:

  • Recycled or disposed some of the furniture that my parents no longer wanted to keep. I had to hire movers to do this so it was a mini project.
  • Kept up with my own family routine: grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning up, laundry, and general home maintenance.

Frugal win:

  • Saved money by completing my 2016 income tax return myself. I have never paid someone else to do it so I am unsure how much I save but I’m sure I saved.

Fun:

  • Tried a new casual eating place called Alexandro's World Famous Gyros. The chicken gyros on a pita was fresh, tasty and filling for under CAD$7 (US$5). The gyros we had in Athens were better and bigger though.

What I look forward to this coming week:

  • Making it another productive week.
  • Jazz on Friday evening!

How was your week? What do you look forward to this coming week?

No comments:

Post a Comment