Sunday 2 April 2017

Sunday thoughts 2017/04/02


I started writing about what I accomplished last week, then went on to think about the month of March, and the first quarter of the year so this post will be a wrap up of my first quarter of 2017, with some highlights of what I’ve accomplished this past week.

Fitness:
  • Happy I got my daily exercise in through the winter months from January to March. During the week, I usually workout in the gym three times, and do yoga twice, an hour each time. On weekends, I do brisk walks on Saturday and Sunday, 4 km (2.5 miles) or longer depending on the weather. Yesterday I walked about 5 km (3.2 miles) and today 7 km (4.4 miles). I like the feelings of being alive and warm after each workout.
  • Happy to learn Spanish online, fifteen minutes daily, and to read about various topics, to give my brain its dose of learning something new on a regular basis.

Finance:

  • Happy all is in good order. Other than housing and food expenses, I paid for our tickets to Costa Rica in June, and hardly spent on anything else.

Family and Friends:

  • Happy my own family is healthy.
  • I had concerns for my parents’ health in February, and am coordinating their move to their new home. I’m grateful for having a close knit family, and a good health care system.
  • I wrote to two of my dear friends overseas this past week to share our life updates. Happy to hear all has been well with them. We used to write letters but have moved onto use email. I’m grateful to have close friends even though some of them have moved away.

Fun:

  • I saw a few movies on DVD, and a few art exhibits this winter. All were either free or low cost entertainment.
  • I just realized I’ve been maintaining this blog for about six months. It’s a fun creative outlet for me, 19 posts written in 2016 and 17 posts in 2017 so far, including this one. It’s so nice to receive positive comments from other bloggers. I hope my posts and pictures bring some fun to your day 😊
  • This past week, I sorted my photos and wrote a post on my visit to Athens. This task brought back nice memories and took my mind back to Greece. I love to visit ancient sites. Travel is still one activity that I’m passionate about. I can’t think of any other activity that engages all my five senses like travel. So I will continue to read about places, dream, and make some of my travel dreams come true.
  • I entered the Bird Cookies (Hato Sabure) giveaway on Laura’s The Occasional Nomads blog. Visit her blog to read about her recent trip to Japan, and remember to enter the giveaway to win. I receive one additional entry for mentioning her blog here.

Not so fun but necessary:

  • I decluttered my closet (yay!) and donated more than twenty clothing items. This past week I put away my dark winter clothes and brought my lighter spring clothes to the forefront in my closet. The seasonal clothes are now more accessible and I see more colours on display.
  • I added a recurring note in my calendar to “curate” my closet quarterly, starting this March so the next round will be at the end of June, then September, and so on. The quarterly curate should make the task much smaller and quick to do.
  • I spent time doing my regular house chores: grocery shopping, laundry, cooking, cleaning, recycling, etc.

What I’m looking forward to next week:

  • Making next week another productive week.
  • Calling my friend to wish her a happy birthday and catching up. This is another friend that I treasure. We always have so much to talk about.

Now your turn...How was your week? Any big plan for Spring?

4 comments:

  1. The flowers at the top of this post are again beautiful! Do you arrange them yourself???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tamara. I took courses on flower arrangements a long time ago. I've done simple flower arrangements for my home and family special occasions. For the pictures, I turn the vase to snap what I think is the "better" side of the arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo to decluttering the closet. I have to make that happen soon. Maybe Sunday? Congrats on your six-month blogiversary. Sounds like you are enjoying blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leslie, for your encouraging words. My closet is in a good state. I'll make it better by sticking to the quarterly curate. Yes, I'm enjoying blogging, and learning from other bloggers like you.

      Delete