Greetings from Gibraltar! I posted my summer fun list on June 21, and my progress report #1 on July 21. Today I'm providing my progress report #2, and linking up with several fabulous bloggers who also report on their progress. I'm in Gibraltar with very limited access to a computer. Will post my pictures from Spain and Gibraltar after we return home next week.
I thought July was an incredibly fun month, and guess what… so far August has been Amazing! I keep pinching myself and the word "Wow" pops up in my mind several times. So let's see how I'm doing with my summer fun list of 20.
Progress report #2 for my summer fun list of 20:
2. Enjoy Costa Rica's "pura vida": Done as written in report #1!
3. Do wildlife spotting in Costa Rica: Done as written in report #1! I love the yellow and green colours on this toucan.
4. Celebrate Canada's 150 with a BBQ with our extended family: Done as written here.
5. Attend at least one music festival at home. Done several times in June and July as written in my July sentence a day post.
6. Chill out with my friends with an iced drink, or ice cream in hand. Yes, many times. This is easy to do in the summer.
7. Stroll or picnic in a park: Done at HTO Park, Sugar Beach, and Berczy Park in Toronto. I love the green maple leaves in the picture below. So soothing and rejuvenating!
8. Go to Spain and explore. Yes, we left home for Spain last week. We explored Madrid, Toledo and Cordoba before arriving in Gibraltar. We're heading back from Gibraltar to Spain, and have been enjoying our trip very much.
9. Travel by train in Spain. Yes, so far we've travelled by train from Madrid to Toledo, from Madrid to Cordoba, and from Cordoba to San Roque. Will take the train again to Seville.
10. Visit up to four UNESCO World Heritage Sites while in Spain: Yes, so far we've explored Toledo, Cordoba historic centre, Cordoba's Mosque-Cathedral, and the Fortress of the Christian Monarchs, as written here and here.
11. Savour Spanish paellas and tapas. Yes, they're delicious and having tapas is such a social activity in Spain.
12. Take a siesta to beat the heat. Yes, I've done this almost every day in Spain. Easy to do since the heat is very intense at mid-day and having a power nap is a great way to recharge for our afternoon into evening outings.
13. Watch a flamenco show. Pending. Hope to do this when we are in Seville.
14. Speak basic Spanish in Costa Rica and Spain: Yes, in both countries.
15. Cross Spain-Gibraltar border twice. Yes, in progress. We crossed it once last week to arrive in Gibraltar. We'll cross again to return to Spain.
16. Tour the Rock of Gibraltar. Yes, it was a wonderful excursion visiting Europe point, St. Michael's Cave, the tunnels, and zigzagging along the slopes of the Rock. Pictures to follow.
17. See the Barnaby macaques. Yes, we saw about 50 of them! Pictures to follow.
18. Play with sand and seashells at a beach: Done at HTO Beach, Sugar Beach in Toronto, and Caleta Beach in Gibraltar.
19. Look for dolphins in the Bay or the Strait of Gibraltar. Pending. We're planning to go on a dolphin safari this afternoon.
20. Stay fit by exercising up to one hour daily. Yes, proud to say I've been doing exercises daily, even during our travel. Where I didn't have access to a gym or a pool, I did yoga and stretches, and used a resistance band as substitute. Several strength exercises can be done using my body weight, with a towel in our comfortable hotel room.
I counted seventeen completed items, one in progress, and two pending. I have until September 20 to finish my summer fun list before posting my Fall fun list.
SPAIN!!! How wonderful! I had a few lovely days in Spain years ago, and I really enjoyed it. Sounds like you guys are having a blast! Take a siesta for me today; I'll be outside hoping for a good view of the eclipse!ReplyDelete
We're having a great time in Spain and Gibraltar. Will take a siesta soon. Enjoy your view of the eclipse!Delete
I am so impressed by your summer fun list and the adventures you are having. It looks like you'll have no trouble completing them all by September 21. Enjoy!ReplyDelete
Thank you, Christie. I look forward to completing my Summer fun list :-)Delete
You are having a fabulous summer and amazing travels!ReplyDelete
So true, Juhli. I appreciate every minute.Delete
Seville for Flamenco - Yes, yes, yes! I will never forget our evening in a small flamenco club there last fall!ReplyDelete
What a fun, wonderful summer you are having!
We just got back from the dolphin safari. OMG we saw so many dolphins, beautiful, playful and intelligent creatures! We're going to Seville tomorrow, Tamara. Looking forward to more amazing moments.Delete
Spain sounds fabulous. Great work on your bucket list. You are doing great.ReplyDelete
Thank you, Dani. Spain has been wonderful.Delete
Sounds like you are having a fabulous summer!ReplyDelete
Continue to have a wonderful trip! Looking forward to the photos once you are back!
Andrea’s Wellness Notes
Thanks, Andrea. This summer has been fabulous for sure. I'll post pictures after we return home.Delete
Oh, sweet friend...I am just remembering/realizing with your update that you are in Spain. So glad you are safe and hope that you remain that way and don't encounter any scariness with the latest terrorist attacks. Stay safe!ReplyDelete
At least a little envious that you've had picnics and more picnics in such lovely spaces. I have a picnic/hike on my list that hasn't happened. Would really like to sit beachside with some KFC and sift through the sand for shells.
Continue to share your photographs and the details of your travels with all of us 'back home'.
We'll do our best to stay healthy and safe, Leslie. I hope you'll have a nice picnic soon.Delete
Hi Natalie I can feel your enthusiasm for the month of August! I'm really excited reading about your Spanish trip as you know we will be there in October. I love the idea of keeping fit with the family as well. Enjoy the rest of your Summer and I'm looking forward to your Autumn Bucket List although mine will be for Spring!ReplyDelete
Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond
Spain is wonderful, Sue. I think you'll love it. I just visited the Royal Palace and the Cathedral in Seville today. Amazing!!! Have a great August!Delete