Greetings! I started writing my month in a sentence a day in April. It was fun so I've continued with May, June, July, and now August.
August was an Awesome month in that we started the month with a long weekend getaway, followed by our amazing trip to Spain and Gibraltar for over two weeks, and spent the last five days of August at home to catch up before turning the calendar page to September.
August in a sentence a day
1. A sunny and warm summer day, perfect for doing yoga, learning Spanish, and running errands to get ready for our long weekend getaway.
2. Exercised in the gym, learned Spanish, and went for a walk to soak in another beautiful summer day.
3. Practiced yoga, learned Spanish, posted my July in a sentence a day, and enjoyed reading how other bloggers spent their July.
4. Exercised in the gym in the morning, learned Spanish, and took the train to our family weekend getaway in the evening.
5. Yoga today in lieu of swimming, learned Spanish, spent time with my immediate family, and relaxed all day since our beds and meals were prepared by hotel or restaurant staff.
6. Ran 6K this Sunday, learned Spanish, and continued to enjoy our mini vacation.
7. Monday (Civic holiday in Ontario) - Exercised in the hotel gym, enjoyed a delicious buffet breakfast, learned Spanish, and had fun with TBB Asks summer Q&As before taking the train home.
8. Yoga, learned Spanish, and worked through my travel checklist.
9. Exercised in the gym, learned Spanish, and felt excited to finally complete online check-in for our flight to Spain.
10. Enjoyed yoga and Spanish lessons in the morning, left for the airport in the afternoon, and flew overnight to Madrid, Spain to embark on a grand adventure.
11. A smooth arrival, a power nap, clean bed and bath, plus some Sangria and tapas hop in the evening made this day a very Happy Friday from Madrid.
12. A wonderful Saturday spent on exploring Madrid’s landmarks, museums, and enjoying more delicious Spanish food.
|Plaza Mayor, Madrid, Spain|
13. Took a day trip from Madrid to visit Toledo, exploring Toledo’s Alcazar, Gothic cathedral, the city’s ancient walls, gates, and beautiful train station.
|The Alcázar, Toledo, Spain|
|The Mosque-Cathedral, Cordoba, Spain|
|The Alcázar de Los Reyes Cristianos, Cordoba, Spain|
|The ocean view from our room, Gibraltar|
17. A leisure breakfast, plus plenty of rest before we met up with family and friends for a lovely cocktail party in the late afternoon.
18. Enjoyed a happy Friday in Gibraltar using our hotel amenities like the lounge chairs by the pool (ahhh).
|Lounge chairs, Gibraltar|
19. Took the Tour of the Rock with family and friends, visited Europa Point, St. Michael’s Cave, World War 2 tunnels, viewed Europe and Africa shorelines from the top of the Rock, and was thrilled to see about fifty of the Barbary macaques (wild apes).
|Barbary Apes, Gibraltar|
20. Sun, sand, and seashells at Caleta beach with family.
|Caleta Beach, Gibraltar|
21. Wrapped up our stay in Gibraltar with a dolphin safari in the Strait of Gibraltar, happy to see so many dolphins, and enjoyed a lovely fancy dinner with family and friends.
|Dolphin spotting, Gibraltar|
|Puerto Blanco near Jerez de la Frontera, Spain|
23. Seville seduced us with her beautiful and magnificent Plaza de España and Maria Luisa Park, and a mesmerizing flamenco show.
|Plaza de España, Seville, Spain|
24. Our jaw-dropping reactions continued when we visited Seville Real Alcazar (Royal Palace), Seville Cathedral, and the Giralda Tower.
|The Real Alcázar, Seville, Spain|
25. A leisure Friday exploring Seville on foot, checked in our flights online, and savouring an ice cream after dinner.
|The Giralda Tower, Seville, Spain|
26. A long but fortunately very smooth travel day flying from Seville to Frankfurt, changing planes, and flying from Frankfurt to Toronto...we’re back in our bed tonight.
27. Woke up at 4 AM (or 10 AM Seville time), enjoyed a leisure breakfast, ran my Sunday 5K, unpacked, and spent the day doing general catch up.
28. Signed up for 5K race in September, and continued catching up on this cool and relaxing Monday,
29. Enjoyed a yoga session, met a friend for coffee, and am still on happy vacation mode.
30. Reviewed and posted my selected pictures from Madrid and Toledo.
31. Wrapped up an awesome August with a relaxing day at home.
You might also like:
Pictures from Cordoba
Pictures from Seville
Pictures from Gibraltar
I look forward to enjoying the last bit of summer and more travel planning in September!
I'd love to hear about your August. I’m linking up with several fabulous bloggers so be sure to scroll down and visit their blogs for more fun August reviews.