Sunday 24 December 2017

Best of 2017


As we are approaching the end of 2017, I'm taking a moment to write down the best bits of the year. I'm grateful every day that I have: 
  1. My good health to enjoy life with my family and friends.
  2. A happy home where I feel relaxed and renewed.
  3. The ability to live my life my way. 
Below are the best fun bits that I've experienced in 2017:

Fitness

I maintained a daily fitness routine and enjoyed the associated health benefits. One of the tougher goals that I set for myself was to run the final Island Girl 5K race in September. Running is a challenge for my mind and body. I finished the 5K with slightly better time than last year. I was happy to be able to run without injury, to share a common sport with my family, and to support a good cause.

Culture

Wonderful experiences in 2017! I attended numerous cultural events both at home and abroad. They varied from art exhibitions, to festivals, to recitals, to movie nights, to new food establishments, and more. Each event made me feel enriched and energized.

Nature

My visits to beaches, gardens, parks, walking trails, and a rain forest were so rewarding. Mother Nature continued to show me her beauty and nurture me in 2017.

Language

I've been learning Spanish on my own throughout 2017. With 15 minutes of learning daily, I've gained enough vocabulary to have basic conversations with local residents in Costa Rica and Spain. I can also read and understand materials written at the basic level in Spanish. It's a fun brain teaser with practical value so I'm interested in continuing.

Travel

Absolutely fantastic in 2017 with trips to Costa Rica in June-July, Spain and Gibraltar in August, Ireland in October, Hungary, Austria, Slovakia and Czechia in November. I loved all of the new experiences and treasured the time I shared with my family and friends.

Blogging

It's been a fun ride. I enjoyed writing more than ninety posts in 2017 on my blog, with who knows how many pictures attached to them. The best part is the support that I received from the blogging community. I truly appreciate the fellow bloggers who have read and commented on my blog, welcomed me to join their link ups, or let me and my blog name appear on their blogs in 2017. Thank you for reading, commenting, making me feel welcomed, and supporting me.

All in all, 2017 has been great. I look forward to enjoying 2018, and making the present a great present wherever I am with whatever I have.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a happy, healthy and positive 2017, Natalie. I look forward to continuing to follow your adventures in 2018!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Donna, for your ongoing encouragement this year. I truly appreciate it. I look forward to continuing follow your blog in 2018, too.

      Delete
  2. Happy holidays, dear one! Great summary of your successful 2017. Here's to an even better 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy holidays, dear Leslie! Thank you so much for including me in your SaD link ups this year. I look forward to enjoying 2018 and our new Wellness link up!

      Delete
  3. I love your positive review of your year Natalie. You've done really well and sounds like you have a great balance with all you do. All the best for the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb, for stopping by and for your kind comment. I definitely have many blessings this year. Wishing you all the best in 2018, too.

      Delete