Greetings! I took the above picture of the Toronto skyline on February 26. It was a glorious Monday. We only had snow a couple of times earlier in the month, then the temperatures stayed above freezing, with some days reached 11C (52F), so all the snow melted and gone. The short-term forecast is looking perfect for my daily walks.
It's month end which means it's time for me to review my February. In a nutshell, I made February a fantastic month by staying active and sharing social time with my family and friends. Sprinkled in a long weekend getaway, four movie nights, two piano recitals, one art exhibit, daily meditation, learning Spanish, and life is great! As a result, twenty eight days of winter went by in a flash with plenty of good reasons to keep me smiling.
I'm linking up with several fabulous bloggers who are documenting their month in a sentence a day. Be sure to visit their blogs as shown at the bottom of this post for more inspiration.
February in a sentence a day:
1. Welcomed February with a 5K morning walk on the waterfront trail, practiced yoga at home, met a friend for coffee in the afternoon, and watched American Made movie with my neighbours in the evening.
2. Started this happy Friday with a 5K walk and one-hour exercise in the gym, then packed my carry-on and left by train with my family for our long weekend trip, only about 35 km (25 miles) away but still a nice recharge.
3. Woke up to winter wonderland as it had snowed overnight, had breakfast with my family, then walked 5K on a freshly groomed trail, did yoga in the hotel, lunched, and met up with our friends for dinner.
4. Had a leisure breakfast with our friends, checked out at noon, took a nice train ride home, got the appliances to do laundry and dish washing while I went for a 5K run, and back home to make dinner.
5. A marvellous Monday doing what I enjoy: a 5K walk, taking pictures of nature scenery, exercising for an hour in the gym, reading, and writing.
6. Walked 5K on the waterfront trail, practiced yoga at home, did more reading, writing, and prepared dinner.
7. Walked 5K, had a nice coffee chat with a friend, met another friend for a fun workout in the gym, and enjoyed reading blog posts from the Wellness Wednesday link up.
8. Walked 5K, did a small grocery run, practiced yoga, and watched the inspiring Breathe movie in the evening.
9. Exercised in the gym for an hour while it snowed outside then returned home to do laundry, lunch, and housework.
10. Walked 5K, practiced yoga, did three grocery runs, took a nap, and relaxed in the evening.
11. Made this Sunday nice with a light breakfast, a 5K run, lunch, reading, writing Be happy, don't worry post, and cooking dinner.
12. Enjoyed a 5K walk in the sunshine, spotted ten swans in the harbour, met a friend for coffee, went to the gym to exercise, and relaxed in the evening.
13. A terrific Tuesday getting things done: a 5K walk, yoga, reading, writing, laundry, and dinner.
14. Exercised in the gym for an hour then enjoyed a nice Valentine's day chatting with my loved ones, and sharing a box of decadent chocolate with my hubby.
|Flowers on Valentine's day|
15. Walked 5K, practiced yoga, and watched the action-packed The Foreigner movie in the evening.
16. Started Happy Lunar New Year's Day with one hour in the gym, then met up with a friend to attend an amazing piano recital by Jialiang Zhu, before returning home for dinner.
17. Walked 5K, did three grocery runs, practiced yoga, laundry, reading, and wrote this post to share how I plan for trips to foreign countries.
18. Ran 5K in the morning then went to our fabulous, fun-filled family party about 35 km (25 miles) away, and returned home much later than normal.
19. Exercised in the gym for an hour, and spent the rest of this Family Day at home with my family, reading, writing, napping, and making dinner.
20. Walked 5K, saw the Caledonia docked in the harbour, and practiced yoga at home before heading out again to see the Black History Month exhibit.
21. Walked 5K, exercised in the gym, met a friend for a fun coffee chat, and returned home to prepare dinner.
22. Walked 5K, practiced yoga, did some reading, writing, and watched the heart-warming Wonder movie in the evening.
23. Walked 5K, exercised in the gym, met up with a friend to attend the amazing piano-violin duet performed by Tristan Savella and Royce Rich, returned home to make dinner and booked a hotel for our family get-away in April.
24. Walked 5K, did three grocery runs, practiced yoga, and relaxed at home the rest of the day while thinking about win circles.
25. Ran 5K and enjoyed this gorgeous, sunny Sunday with high 11C (52F), before getting laundry done and dinner made.
26. Walked 5K, enjoyed another gorgeous sunny day, exercised in the gym, did some reading, and writing.
27. Walked 5K, enjoyed another glorious sunny day with high 10C (51F), spotted two Canada geese, practiced yoga at home, and checked my travel gear in preparation for my trip next month.
28. Wrapped up a fantastic February with a 5K walk, an hour exercising in the gym, reading, writing, and family time.
Now I look forward to enjoying March and spring season.
How was your February? Please share.