Welcome to our fourth Wellness Wednesday monthly link up which started on January 10th this year! Today I'm providing a progress update on my March wellness goals, setting new goals for April, sharing my natural wellness suggestions, and linking up with several fabulous bloggers who are also on this wellness journey.
My progress update on my March wellness goals:
1. Meditate 15 minutes daily: Similar to February, I've been doing this daily because it works for me. I love the short duration and the focus during meditation. At night when I meditate with deep breathing, it helps me fall asleep.
2. Exercise one hour daily: In March, I walked 5K or more daily, except three Sundays when I ran 5K. I went to the gym nine times, and practiced yoga nineteen times. When I was in Chile, I did not have access to a gym. I modified my fitness routine by walking more and doing yoga.
My regular exercises certainly keep me fit to travel (see #4 below). I had no trouble moving around, getting in and out of buses and subway train stations in Santiago, walking in the Atacama desert, crawling briefly in the Salt Cave, and climbing hills in Valparaiso, etc.
3. Smile or laugh daily: This was well achieved in March. I caught myself laughing out loud several times. I had plenty of fun meeting new people in Chile, too.
4. Explore Chile in March: Done and enjoyed! You might like to see my posts on:
- San Pedro de Atacama and Moon Valley
- Santiago street art
- 3 days in Santiago
- Wine tasting, Viña del Mar, and Valparaiso
My April wellness goals:
For April, I'll keep the first three daily wellness goals, and replace the two travel goals with two art and entertainment goals as listed below.
- Meditate 15 minutes daily.
- Exercise one hour daily.
- Smile or laugh daily.
- Read up on the four European capitals (Tallinn, Riga, Vilnius, and Warsaw).
- Watch two new-to-me movies.
Natural wellness suggestions:
- For the mind: Practice meditation or yoga. There are lots of free online materials and tutorials to get started. Take a few minutes each day to calm down, reflect, and feel gratitude.
- For the body: Drink water daily in lieu of soft drinks. Tap water is safe to drink where I live. Low cost, no sugar, effective hydration, need I say more? Eat a variety of vegetables and fruits for natural nutrients and fibres. Enjoy seasonal fresh produce that may not be available in the winter. Find a physical activity that you enjoy and use the full range of movements that our body can do. Protect your hair, eyes, and skin from sun exposure by using natural products that work for you. A nice sun hat, sunglasses, and comfortable clothing give adequate protection while staying chic!
- For the spirit: If we take good care of our mind and body, it's natural that our spirit will stay positive. Keep in touch with friends, family, or neighbours, who support you. Do something fun on a regular basis.
How are you doing with your wellness goals? Any natural wellness tips to share?