Happy New Year 2019! It's so exciting to have a brand new year ahead of us and a fresh calendar to pencil in upcoming events and activities. Today I'm sharing my overall plan and goals for 2019.
My overall plan for the year is to create nice memories with my family and friends, to stay healthy, and to enjoy life. I group my specific goals in three categories: Family & Friends, Health, and Leisure.
MY GOALS FOR 2019:
FAMILY & FRIENDS
- Do four fun family outings, tentatively in January, April, July, and August.
- Go on a trip with my sister in March.
- Visit a cousin who lives abroad, tentatively in June.
- Get together with my family clan, approximately every two months.
- Meet up with my friends as many times as possible throughout the year.
- Meditate 15 minutes daily.
- Find humour to smile or laugh daily.
- Walk 45 minutes near nature 6x/ week.
- Strength workouts 3x/ week.
- Yoga 2x/ week.
- Swim 1x/ week.
- View three art exhibits/ month.
- Blog weekly, except when I travel.
- Read three books/ month.
- Listen to three concerts/ month.
- Learn French and Spanish, 15 minutes/ day for each language.
- Watch three movies/ month.
- Travel to explore five new-to-me countries this year.
- Try at least one new food dish in each of the countries I visit.
I'm motivated to achieve my goals. I expect to accomplish more in some areas when I'm at home than when I travel. I'm open to try something new that is not on the list as well.
To track my progress, I'm using a simple sheet. It makes it easy for me to see at a glance how I'm doing and to share my monthly summary on my blog throughout the year.
Before I end this post, a friendly reminder that our first Wellness link-up of 2019 is on Wednesday, January 9. Feel free to join in on the fun and share your wellness-related post. I look forward to reading what you have to say.
Your turn...What are your goals for 2019?