Monday 10 October 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's Thanksgiving Monday in Canada so today is a holiday and we're enjoying the long weekend.

I woke up to a clear, cool, sunny morning. Temperature reached about 15C by mid afternoon. After breakfast, I went to the gym for a one-hour workout. I always feel great to get this done before noon.

Mid-day was spent checking a few things on-line. My computer is unusually sluggish... Hope it will be back to normal soon.

In the afternoon, I went on what I called my weekend discovery walk to Sugar Beach. This is an urban beach park with pink umbrellas and Muskoka chairs, right by the water's edge of Lake Ontario. It is a destination suitable for all ages. The leaves are changing colours. They look beautiful in the sun light.




Dear Hubby (DH) is making lasagna for dinner tonight. On this Thanksgiving Monday, I'm thankful for having good health, a caring family, and wonderful friends.

How to get to Sugar Beach: From Union subway station, you can walk, or take Bay bus #6 and get off at Corus Quay.

Where to eat: I'd bring my own snack and water. There is a big Loblaws grocery store at Queens Quay West and Lower Jarvis Street where you can pick up items for an impromptu picnic. If you prefer to eat out, the Against the Grain restaurant is available on site. Both Loblaws and Against the Grain are open daily. Check their web sites before you go.



No comments:

Post a Comment