Tuesday 31 January 2017

January 2017 review


At the start of January I intended to slow down, stay focused, and accomplish three goals per day in the categories of Fitness, Finance, and Fun. If I achieved more than three per day, then great, however, I did not set out to be over ambitious.

Now that January is coming to an end, I’m pleased to see that I’ve achieved the goals I set for myself. I think I still need to practice "slowing down".

Fitness: In January, I exercised an hour every day. I chose to do walking, working out in the gym, and yoga to give myself a variety of activities. I’ve been really good to myself this month in the Fitness category.

Finance: I achieved my January savings target by sticking to mandatory expenses only.  Part of the savings target is for my travel plans later this year. We had our meals at home. I had about $19 refund for three grocery items due to scan code errors. The refund goes back into the Groceries budget.

Fun: I learned Spanish. My goal was to take the online lessons on weekdays, however, I’ve also taken the lessons on most weekends in January. I wrote seven posts on this blog even though I had planned for just five posts in January.

For February, I plan to continue with similar activities and goals.

Now your turn...How are you doing with your goals?

Bonus question: Do you recognize the city in the above picture? Hint: It is known for the Freedom Trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment