Greetings! Just last month, I had fun documenting my first April in a sentence a day. Today I’m joining other bloggers to write about May.
I typically spent the first two hours of every day in May on my brainteasers (Spanish lessons for 15 minutes), and exercises. To give myself variety, my exercise routine goes like this: Gym (Monday, Wednesday, Friday), yoga (Tuesday and Thursday), swim (Saturday) and walk or run 5K (Sunday). I usually feel from great to fantastic after this routine. Below is how the rest of my days in May shaped up...
May in a sentence a day:
1. Welcomed Monday, May 1st, with intentions to finish the condo refresh project in three weeks, feeling good after receiving referrals for a good painter, and making a yummy Chicken sausage and kale dinner for my family.
|The condo kitchen|
|Moen shower head #1|
4. More fun on Thursday having coffee and window shopping with my sister, before meeting a painter at the condo for a quote.
5. Rainy Friday, Cinco de Mayo, kept me mostly indoor doing general home cleanup.
6. Felt good Saturday after swimming 40 laps, taking Spanish lessons, and filling up our fridge with fresh groceries.
7. Rounded my 1st week of May with a Sunday 5K run, doing more negotiations with contractors, and writing to my friends in the USA.
8. A great start of a new week with a gorgeous Monday morning, and getting plumbing repairs done in the condo!
|Moen shower head #2|
|Draped seated woman by Henry Moore|
12. Checked in with painter and the painting job is going well.
13. Happy to start Saturday with 42 laps in the pool, then headed over to the condo for carpet measure appointment, while the painting got done!
14. Enjoyed Mother’s Day with a 5K run, a post about my 2nd week of May, and a family BBQ.
|Happy Mother's Day|
16. Enjoyed Tuesday Cappuccino and free visual arts with a friend, and reconnected by email with a former classmate who now lives in Germany.
|Boxcar Social coffee place|
18. Thursday yoga calmed my mind.
19. Loved the Piano and violin recital at beautiful St. Andrew’s church.
|Piano and violin recital|
21. Still waiting for carpet installation date (sigh).
22. Monday is a new day to write my Ten home organization tips.
23. Tuesday excitement: I’ve got a carpet installation date May 30!
24. Wednesday was for writing my 3rd week of May.
25. Heavy rain on this Thursday cancelled my plan to go to an outdoor farmers’ market.
26. Fun Friday lunch with two girlfriends.
27. A productive Saturday with 50 laps in the pool, and stocked up our fridge with fresh groceries, including rapini!
28. Energized my Sunday with a 5K run, then danced to the Caribbean music beat at the Barbados on the Water festival.
|Barbados on the Water festival banner|
|Arturo Tappin band|
30. It's Tuesday and the new carpet in the condo was done in less than two hours!
31. Goodbye condo refresh project, hello travel planning at top speed with a big grin.