Greetings! Today I’m writing my month of October in a sentence a day, and linking up with several fabulous bloggers who also share their October in sentences. I had an outstanding October with many fit and fun activities, two blog-related milestones, and a trip to Ireland. I'm loving life and would like to share the following highlights with you.
October in a sentence a day:
1. Happy Sunday with a 5K morning run and family time the rest of the day.
2. Exercised in the gym and had a fun lunch with a friend.
3. Enjoyed yoga time and a visit to the Magic of Latin America art exhibits where I learned about the Olmec civilization.
4. Exercised in the gym and started packing for my trip to Ireland.
5. Practiced yoga and stretched during the day before flying overnight to Dublin.
6. Happy Friday with a smooth arrival in Dublin, some rest, and walking around to explore the city.
|Trinity College, Dublin|
7. A lovely day starting with a fun 2.5-hour Dublin waking tour, followed by lunch at Books Upstairs with a new friend, a leisure visit to the National Gallery of Ireland, and ending with a yummy dinner.
8. Took a relaxing morning train ride from Dublin to Cork, had lunch break, and walked around to explore Cork city centre in the afternoon.
|St. Patrick's Bridge, Cork|
9. A full sightseeing day, starting with a reflective view of St Patrick’s bridge in Cork, green scenery along the way, dense fog at the Cliffs of Moher, delicious seafood lunch in Doolin, and ending with a visit at the Bunratty Castle.
|Bunratty Castle, Ireland|
10. Happy 1st blog year! Took another relaxing and scenic train ride from Cork to Killarney in the morning and spent the rest of the day exploring the lovely Killarney National Park with a 5K hike, a tour of Ross Castle, Killarney House and Gardens, and seeing red deer up close.
|Killarney National Park|
|A lovely baby deer|
11. Experienced a full day of amazing scenery at the Dingle peninsula and various towns that are part of the Ring of Kerry.
12. Traveled by train from Killarney to Dublin in the morning, had lunch break, spent the afternoon strolling in St Stephen’s Green, shopping for gifts on Grafton Street, and a fun evening Irish pub crawl with live music and drinks.
|St. Stephen's Green, Dublin|
14. Unpacked, laundry, and general post-trip catch up.
15. Ran 5K in the morning and relaxed with my family for the rest of the day.
16. Exercised in the gym, organized my trip pictures, and shared a pumpkin pie treat.
17. Enjoyed yoga and writing a post about my exploring Ireland.
18. Exercised in the gym and contacted my friends to schedule our meet-ups.
19. Practiced yoga and re-organized our second bedroom.
20. Exercised in the gym and stayed outdoors to soak in this gorgeous sunny Friday.
21. Swam 45 minutes in the morning, and chatted with my sister about our upcoming trip.
22. Cheered on my family members who ran the half-marathon and 5K at the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon in the morning, ran 5K myself (not in the race), and enjoyed happy family time the rest of the day.
23. A fun Monday exercising in the gym with a friend in the morning, and having a coffee date with another friend in the afternoon.
24. Practiced yoga, and went out to see the World Press Photo Exhibition 2017.
25. Spiced up my time in the gym with some new exercises.
26. An amazing day starting with yoga, then meeting Mr. Robert Bateman, the extraordinary Canadian painter, at his Travel exhibit, and ending with a delicious Thai dinner with my family at Pai.
|A close-up of Robert Bateman's painting|
27. Exercised in the gym before attending a piano and cello recital by two talented musicians Benjamin Smith (piano), and Dongso Julia Kim (cello).
28. Felt good this Saturday after swimming laps for 45 minutes, stocking up our fridge with fresh groceries, laundry, and home cleaning.
29. Ran 5K in the morning and enjoyed interacting with readers of my first guest post on Donna's blog the rest of the day.
30. Exercised in the gym and read about multiple new travel destinations.
31. Wrapped up an outstanding October with yoga and writing e-letters to my friends who live overseas.
I look forward to taking a trip to Central Europe with my sister, and making more progress on my Fall fun list of 20 activities in November.
What fun activities did you enjoy in October? Please share below.