Sunday 10 December 2017

Holiday Fair in the Square

After attending the Swedish Christmas Fair about two weeks ago, I visited the Holiday Fair in the Square on Friday evening. Now in its 2nd year, Holiday Fair is held from December 1st to 23rd at Nathan Phillips Square in the heart of Toronto. I'm happy to share some of my pictures with you.

1. Lots of festive holiday lights lit up the City’s Christmas tree in the north-east corner, the arches above the skating rink, and the Toronto sign in the centre of the square. I had fun browsing about fifty vendor booths filled with unique gifts and special treats.


2. There were food trucks offering from light snacks, to hearty foods like poutine, to more gourmet meals:


3. Jackson-Triggs Polar Point outdoor bar served mulled wine and other alcoholic beverages:


4. Two fireside seating areas with red Muskoka chairs were available for a break and warm-up:


5. The brightly lit classic carousel brought back happy memories:


6. Visitors can bring their own skates or rent them on site and join in on the skating fun:


Holiday Fair runs until 10 p.m. so plenty of time to shop, skate, eat, drink, play, and enjoy the season.

P.S. Santa will be stopping by Holiday Fair on weekends for photos. Guests can take their own photos with the Jolly Old Elf and are invited to make a small donation to Epilepsy Toronto. All for a good cause!

What makes you loving life this week? Please share your thoughts.

12 comments:

  1. I now have a craving for a nice glass of mulled wine! Thank you for sharing these festivities with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mulled wine was good! Thanks, Donna, for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  2. I always really enjoy your sharing of Toronto happenings with us, Natalie. That's true even though I never have any interest in making the drive or taking the GO train into the city. I love my small rural community. What's had me particularly loving life lately was the Christmas play at the Firehall Theatre - a converted old firehall that holds an intimate audience of 50 people. Attending plays there is such a joy and attending the Christmas play has become a wonderful new tradition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Christmas play in its intimate setting sounds wonderful, Karen. I'm happy to share Toronto happenings with you. Where about are you in Ontario?

      Delete
  3. I've actually got no desire to head to the US but wouldn't mind seeing Canada and I hear great things about Toronto! This looks great - so much fun and a lifetime away from our hot sticky summer! #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My relatives and friends who visited Toronto really enjoyed the city. We have heat waves in the summer sometimes but overall our climate is on the cool side. Thanks, Deborah, for your comment.

      Delete
  4. Mulled wine, lights, carousels...I'm there! #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks magical! It's stinking hot there in Sydney for Christmas so instead of mulled wine I shall be celebrating with champagne, orange bitters and ice.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celebrate with champagne is always in style. Thanks, SSG, for your comment.

      Delete
  6. I went to a German Christmas market last week - it wasn't anywhere near as cool as this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emma, for your comment. This holiday fair and the Swedish Christmas market that I've visited are nice.

      Delete