Welcome to our new monthly Wellness Wednesday link up in 2018! My thanks to Amber for the graphic, Leslie for the link up codes, and the fabulous bloggers who joined right away after I made the suggestion.
First, about the Wellness link up: It is monthly so we have time to act on our goals and to enjoy the journey. Each month in 2018, we have a different topic to write about and a progress update. Please feel free to join us to share, inspire, and support each other.
2018 Wellness Wednesday schedule and topics:
- Jan 10 - Wellness goals
- Feb 7 - Favourite cardio exercises or tips; Wellness goals update #1
- Mar 7 - Favourite exercise equipment or gadgets; Wellness goals update #2
- Apr 11 - Favourite natural wellness tips; Wellness goals update #3
- May 9 - Healthy skin and hair care tips; Wellness goals update #4
- June 6 - Mental health care tips; Wellness goals update #5
- July 11 - Emotional health care tips; Wellness goals update #6
- Aug 8 - Healthy cooking tips; Wellness goals update #7
- Sep 12 - Favourite strengthening exercises or tips; Wellness goals update #8
- Oct 10 - Cancer care tips; Wellness goals update #9
- Nov 14 - Stress management exercises or tips; Wellness goals update #10
- Dec 12 - Self-care rewards
Second, about my Wellness goals: To create my Wellness goals for this year, I looked at Wellness under seven to eight lenses such as emotional, physical, environmental, financial, intellectual, social, spiritual, and occupational (for people who are working). With this in mind, I wrote a post on 18 FEASTs to enjoy in 2018 here. FEAST stands for Fitness, Entertainment, Arts, Social, and Travel. To start simple and steady, I decided to set three wellness goals in January, one for my mind, one for my body, and one for my spirit.
My January wellness goals:
- Meditate 15 minutes daily. I usually do this in the morning and before bedtime. It clears and calms my mind.
- Exercise one hour daily. I'll rotate my physical activities to keep myself engaged and to use different muscles in my body.
- Smile or laugh every day. I'll be thinking of happy moments that I've shared with my family members and friends. They automatically bring a smile to my face. Some memories make me laugh out loud.
Each month I'll create a new set of wellness goals, work on them, and report my progress in the following month. Some months I'll have more goals in one of the FEAST buckets than the others. Hopefully, by the end of this year, I'll have enjoyed a well-balanced year.
Here's to a healthy and happy 2018! Good luck with achieving your wellness goals.