Greetings! I'm planning a trip to Chile as mentioned in a previous post here. Today I'm writing about what's on my itinerary, and what I hope to see and do in Chile.
What's on my itinerary?
Chile is a long and narrow country on the Pacific Ocean side in South America. The header picture for this post shows the top half of the country and its neighbours. You can click to enlarge the picture. From my travel readings, I gathered that Chile's five main areas to visit, from North to South, include:
- North and the Atacama Desert
- The Central Coast where Santiago, the capital of Chile is located
- Easter Island
- The South with its lakes and volcanoes
- Patagonia and Antarctica, with Torres del Paine National Park as the major attraction
It's unlikely that I'll travel to the moon in my lifetime so I decided to visit the Atacama Desert area and the Central Coast of Chile.
What do I hope to see and do?
- In San Pedro de Atacama (Point A on the map), I hope to take a walking tour to explore the archaeological capital of Chile, a day tour to visit Moon Valley, one of the many lagoons, and salt flats, and a visit to the Tatio geysers if my time and energy allow.
- In Santiago (Point B on the map), I'd like to do one or two walking tours to explore the capital city.
- In Valparaiso (Point C on the map), I'd like to do a walking tour to explore the city, known for its steep funiculars and colourful homes. If time allows, I'd also like to visit Vina del Mar, a coastal resort city near Valparaiso.
I'm feeling excited about the trip. A new adventure awaits!
Where's your next adventure? Tell me more.