Since the first quarter of the year is gone, I did a quick quarterly review as well. I'm on track and I'm having a lot of fun with my 18 FEASTs to enjoy in 2018.
Without a doubt, my trip to Chile was the highlight in March. The weather there was full on summer, high 28 to 30C every day. Everything went smoothly, and what an amazing adventure it was! After I returned home, even though the daily high temperature has been just a few Celsius degrees above freezing point, we've had many sunshiny days which make it easier to be out and about.
March in a sentence a day:
1. Started March with a 5K walk, yoga, grocery runs, laundry, and home cooking.
2. Happy Friday with 5K walk, gym time, a piano recital performed by Melody Chan-Li, and an art exhibit by children and youths.
3. A gorgeous sunny Saturday, perfect for my 5K walk, yoga, grocery runs, and a haircut appointment.
4. Soaked in another gorgeous sunny day, ran 5K, did a few house chores, home cooking, and wrote my Exploring Chile post.
5. The sunny weather continued, so did my 5K walk, gym time, and time spent at the pier admiring the sparkling water under the sunlight.
6. 5K walk, yoga, ran a few errands, and packed for my trip to Chile, hoping to see some unique scenery in the Atacama desert (and I did!).
7. Enjoyed Wednesday with a 5K walk, gym time with a friend, and wrote my March Wellness post.
8. Did my 5K walk, yoga, had a long chat with a former colleague, made dinner, and checked in online for my flight to Santiago, Chile.
9. 5K walk and gym time this morning was a very good move to counter my overnight flight that was 10.5 hours long.
10. Arrived in Santiago on time to catch a domestic two-hour flight to Calama, and from there a one-hour van ride to San Pedro Village, while in awe of the aerial view of the mountain ranges, volcanoes, salt flats, and a vast desert in front of me.
11. A full and incredible Sunday exploring San Pedro Village in the morning, the spectacular Moon Valley in the afternoon until sunset, and stargazing at night.
12. Took it easy this morning with a leisure breakfast before joining an interesting walking tour around San Pedro Village in the afternoon.
13. Said goodbye to the warm people in San Pedro de Atacama, headed back to Calama to fly to Santiago, and upon arrival decided to ride the airport bus and subway to get to my hostel...Celebrated my success with Chilean wines and an unobstructed view of San Cristobal Hill from the roof top patio!
14. A full and wonderful day when I walked about 10 km, used the subway for a couple of short rides to explore Santiago's main sights and treated myself to a delicious ice cream in Lastarria neighbourhood before day's end.
15. Enjoyed a really nice breakfast, took a coach ride to a Chilean winery for wine tasting, arrived in Vina del Mar to walk along the beach before a yummy seafood lunch, and spent the rest of the day walking the hills in Valparaiso, admiring the colourful houses and some amazing street art before returning to Santiago late in the evening.
16. Savoured another beautiful morning and breakfast before riding the funicular to the top of San Cristobal Hill, walked to explore Santiago's Bellavista neighbourhood, its cafes, street art, Forestal park, and the Museum of Fine Arts before going to the airport for my overnight flight home.
17. Watched The Shape of Water movie on the plane before arriving home early this sunny morning with plenty of time to rest, unpack, and catch up.
18. Resumed my Sunday 5K run, cleaned up, relaxed at home, and published my Give it a whirl post on my blog, inspired by Alice Aycock's sculpture.
19. Loved this sunny Monday, enjoyed my 5K walk, gym exercises, and catching up with family and friends.
20. 5K walk, yoga, house chores, and home cooking.
21. 5K walk, gym time, and hello Spring fun list... Some tulips would be very welcome.
22. 5K walk, yoga, and enjoyed watching The Darkest Hour movie.
23. Happy sunny Friday with 5K walk, gym time, a piano-violin duet performed by Asher Armstrong and Emily Kruspe, and a nice chat with a friend.
24. A beautiful sunny Saturday for my 5K walk, yoga, grocery runs, reading, and writing.
25. Ran 5K, did house chores, home cooking, and blogging.
26. Another sunny day, did my 5K walk, gym time, and met up with a friend.
27. 5K walk, yoga, and had fun coffee time with another friend.
28. 5K walk, gym time, reading, and shared some Santiago street art photos on my blog.
29. 5K walk, yoga, enjoyed watching the movie Coco, and a long phone chat with my sister.
30. 5K walk, gym time, reading, and writing on this Good Friday.
31. Wrapped up March with a 5K walk, yoga, grocery runs, and stayed indoor on this rainy evening to plot my next adventure :)
All in all, I had a marvellous March. I'm linking up with a group of terrific bloggers who also document their month. Please visit their sites for more inspiration.
Your turn... How was your month of March?