My Spring Fun List Update #1:
1. View two art exhibitions: Done and enjoyed! I visited the Life in Flight art exhibition at the Sur Gallery, and the Kingston Prize 2017 Canada's Portrait Competition art exhibition at Harbourfront Centre. Both are free to the public.
The Sur Gallery is Toronto's first publicly funded gallery showcasing Latin American Canadian Art. Having recently returned from my trip to Chile, I was delighted to discover this new art gallery.
|Welcome to Sur Gallery!|
The Kingston Prize is a biennial national competition and touring exhibition for artists working in the media of painting and drawing. This exhibition presents the thirty finalists, chosen from a field of over 430 entries by Canadian artists active throughout the country and internationally. The 2017 Winner is Christienne Cuevas' Portrait of the Artist.
2. Attend eight music recitals: In progress with 50% done! I've attended two duet recitals (performed by Asher Armstrong and Emily Kruspe, Emily Chiang and Elizabeth Bang), and two solo piano recitals (performed by Jean-Luc Therrien, and Mary Kenedi). They're all very talented and accomplished musicians.
3. Watch ten movies: In progress with 50% done! I've watched five movies since March 21. Thumbs up for The Shape of Water, The Darkest Hour, Coco, I, Tonya, and thumbs down for Daddy's Home 2.
4. Review French fifteen minutes daily: In progress. I've been learning Spanish online fifteen minutes daily. I added French this spring since we're planning to go to French-speaking cities in the summer.
5. Plan a long weekend trip with my family: Done! At time of this post, we're on our way. We have a glorious stretch of sunny weather from Friday to Monday for the trip.
6. Meet up for coffee or lunch with my friends: In progress. I've enjoyed three coffee meet-ups so far. I have three dates next week, and hope to book a couple more dates by June 20.
7. Visit farmers' markets starting at the end of May: Pending.
8. Explore the Baltics: Pending. I mapped out my itinerary as shown in the snap shot below. My stops include Tallinn (point A), Riga (point B), Vilnius (point C), and Warsaw (point D). I'm reading up on each of the four cities. One exciting addition is meeting my Finnish friend in Tallinn.
In summary, I counted two completed, four in progress, and two pending items. I'm enjoying spring, and the activities that I planned on my fun list. Plus I have my wellness goals to work on as well.
How about you? How are things going with you? Please share.