Greetings! I arrived home safe and sound from Europe. Just want to write a quick post while I'm catching up.
Back in March this year, I wrote my Give it a whirl post, and started writing about my new whirl each month since. You might like to read my "A new whirl" posts in March here, and in April here.
Today, I'm writing about my new whirl in May. It was my trip to visit Tallinn, Riga, Vilnius, and Warsaw in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Poland respectively. Wow, the new sensory experiences were fantastic. The trip was wonderful. The weather was sunny and warm. It rained only one morning when I was in Warsaw then cleared up in the afternoon.
It's my first time to these four European capitals. For this new travel adventure, here's my top ten fun experiences:
- Meeting my Finnish friend in Tallinn: It was so nice to talk in person for a few hours while sharing tea and desserts.
- Walking for hours to experience the local scenes, as well as to explore the historic sights, some of them are on the World Heritage list.
- Tasting local food, wines, and European desserts. This item can actually jump to second place but I should work up an appetite first :)
- Hearing new languages spoken in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Poland. Each country has their own official language.
- Listening to the local guides' narratives, reading what's posted at each landmark, and learning about the history of each place.
- Interacting with new and friendly people, or observing how local people interact with residents and visitors.
- Using foreign currencies i.e. Euro in the first three countries, and zloty in Poland.
- Noticing the architectural details and different designs reflecting the history and local culture.
- Riding long distance by bus to go from one country to the next and viewing the countryside on the way.
- Getting a souvenir pin from each country and new stamps on my passport.
I'd love to hear about your new whirl in May. Please share below.