Welcome to our 5th Wellness Wednesday link up in 2018! Today I'm providing updates on my April wellness goals, setting new goals for May, and linking up with a group of terrific bloggers who are also on the wellness adventure.
The optional prompt this month is Healthy hair and skincare tips. I'll share my simple hair and skincare routines. I look forward to reading any tips that my fellow bloggers or readers may have to share.
April wellness goal updates:
- Meditate 15 minutes daily: Yes, I met this goal. I find meditation sharpens my focus in the morning and calms my mind at night. The time duration works well for me.
- Exercise one hour daily: Yes, I met this goal by walking, running 5K, working out in the gym, and yoga as written here.
- Smile or laugh daily: Yes, simple fun experiences like my A to L fun, are making me happy.
- Read up on the four European capitals: Yes, I've done my reading on Tallinn, Riga, Vilnius, and Warsaw. I look forward to visiting these cities in less than three weeks!
- Watch two new-to-me movies: Yes, I watched three movies in April. Thumbs up for The Post, and I, Tonya. Thumbs down for Daddy's Home 2.
For May, I'll keep the first three daily wellness goals, and replace the two art and entertainment goals with travel goals as listed below.
- Meditate 15 minutes daily.
- Exercise one hour daily.
- Smile or laugh daily.
- Visit four European capitals (Tallinn, Riga, Vilnius, and Warsaw).
- Finalize summer travel plans.
I have a simple hair care routine. I get a haircut approximately every two months. I keep my natural hair colour for now even though I have some grey hair. I like to let my hair air dry without using a hair dryer unless I'm in a rush to go somewhere. My hairdresser and other people have told me that my hair looks healthy so I'm happy to keep it simple.
Living in cold climate, to minimize skin dryness, I use moisturizer for my face and body pretty much year round. On sunny days, I add sun screen and wear a sun hat. I also drink water throughout the day and get adequate amount of sleep at night. My skin feels fine when I follow these simple steps.
That's all, folks! Now your turn...
How are you doing with your wellness goals? Please share below.