My A to L fun experiences:
1. Art exhibitions that are free to the public: One of them is Kader Attia's The Field of Emotion which features an installation of seventeen roughly-hewn wooden busts of wounded soldiers arranged before a projection of J'accuse, a 1919/1938 antiwar film by French film director Abel Gance. Another one is the Asian Heritage Month Festival 2018, Art and Photo exhibitions, featuring many beautiful art work and photos.
|The Field of Emotion by Kader Attia|
|Asian Heritage Month Festival 2018 exhibitions|
2. Blogging using a free Blogger template: I'm blogging mostly on Sunday and Wednesday, and connecting with bloggers internationally. Speaking of connections, on Wednesday May 9, we have our monthly Wellness Wednesday link up for May. The optional prompt is Healthy hair and skincare tips, or any wellness-related posts that you may have. Please feel free to join in on the fun.
3. Coffee chats with my friends: There are plenty of coffee places where we can sit down, spend a few dollars for coffee drinks, and catch up on our news. Do you agree with the sign below?
4. Daffodils in the public gardens: These flowers are seasonal where I live. On a sunshiny spring day, they seem to exude joy, happiness, and energy.
5. Email message: From my Finnish friend to let me know she's got ferry tickets to go to Tallinn and will meet me there in about three weeks. I am so excited!
6. Free French lessons on Duolingo: I'm taking them daily to improve my fluency. Or for under CAD$5 in Toronto, je peux acheter une baguette ou deux croissants et un petit café.
7. Gardens with spring flowers: Like the Toronto Music Garden where I saw small carpets of pretty blue flowers at this time of the year. I love to explore the local parks and gardens in my city.
8. Hugs and happy moments at home with my family: We hung out, prepared a few platters of food, some drinks, had dessert (see next item), and chatted until it was time to go to bed.
9. Ice cream, first scoop of the year: Saturday was sunny, with high temperature 22 C, and ice cream was on sale so I got a container of vanilla ice cream for under CAD$5 to share with my family.
10. Jelly beans in ten flavours in a cheery-looking box: The flavours are blueberry, buttered popcorn, cinnamon, coconut, licorice, sunkist tangerine, green apple, juicy pear, watermelon, and very cherry. Have you ever tried them? Which flavour is your favourite?
11. Koi fish: Like those seen swimming in a pond, at the base of Lena and the Swan statue, in the Allan Gardens Conservatory. The Conservatory is free to the public. Did you know that the koi fish symbolize good luck, abundance, courage, and perseverance?
12. Lake Ontario and the trail along the shoreline: This is where I enjoy my daily walk and nature. I'm loving where I live.
|The Empire Sandy in Toronto Harbour|
There's my dozen of free or low cost experiences making me happy this week.
How about you? I'd love to know your fun experiences. Please share.