Wednesday 21 November 2018

Autumn fun list update #2


Greetings! Now that I'm back at home from Morocco, I'm reviewing my autumn fun list that I wrote about eight weeks ago, and my first progress update as posted here to track my progress update #2 for the season.

AUTUMN FUN LIST UPDATE #2 (September 22 to December 20, 2018):

1. Attend ten concerts: 100% done and more! I was able to attend eleven excellent concerts since September 22 to date. Most of them were piano performances.

2. Visit three art exhibitions: 100% done and more as posted here, here, and here. I also saw amazing arts and architecture in Morocco when I was there earlier this month.

3. Watch ten movies: 70% done so far. I watched Billionaire Boys Club (the first 45 minutes), Skyscraper, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Mama Mia Here We Go Again, Shock and Awe, Casablanca, and Mission Impossible Fall Out. I actually watched Mission Impossible Fall Out twice while flying from Frankfurt to Toronto because part of it was filmed in Paris where I was in August, and I liked the stunts.

4. Try three new-to-me restaurants: 100% done and more! We ate out at Joe Bird, Joey, Taverna Mercatto, and Trattoria Mercatto in Toronto, and different restaurants in Morocco. The Moroccan couscous, tapas, and tagine dishes were delicious.

5. Enjoy Thanksgiving with my family: 100% done as posted here. Our Thanksgiving was on October 8 which was several weeks ago.

6. Meet up with my friends for coffee or lunch: I had four meet-ups so far (three lunches and one dinner). I have one date coming up this weekend and two next week.

7. Write a guest post for another blog in October: 100% done as posted here.

8. Take a trip to explore Morocco in November: 100% done! My trip was fantastic sensory stimulation from beginning to end. I was able to visit Rabat, Volubilis, Fez, Marrakesh, and Casablanca. So much to share that I may end up writing one post per city. Stay tuned for upcoming posts and photos right here on this blog :)

From my autumn fun list, I counted six items completed and two well underway. With the year-end holidays approaching, I'm confident that I'll be able to watch more movies, and meet up with my friends a few more times.

In addition, I read five thriller novels by Linwood Barclay in October and early November, just before I went to Morocco. I'm currently reading Glass Houses, an award-winning mystery book by Louise Penny.

How are things going with you? What good things happened? I'd love to hear your update.


14 comments:

  1. As always I'm inspired by what you fit in. I haven't done a Spring bucket list this year but I've decided that I need an artists date to just go an look at pictures on a wall - so I think I might just catch the train into the city in the next few weeks and do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An artists' date in the city sounds great, Jo. I hope you go and have lots of fun.

      Delete
  2. Your Morocco trip sounded wonderful, Natalie and I enjoyed your photos from that post. I do love that you have a variety in your life from movies to travel to exercise and culture. A well-rounded life I would say! Enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue, for your kind words. My trip to Morocco was fantastic. I'm sorting out my photos and will start posting this weekend.

      Delete
  3. Good for you and have a great time in Morocco

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about my own goal-setting since last week (when I mentioned you'd inspired me to actually think about some stuff I wanted to achieve and set some ACHIEVABLE goals).

    I started yoga last week which was excellent and intend on going again this week. I'm also looking into some volunteer work options until I find a part-time job so I don't feel quite so redundant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great that you started yoga and intend to go again. Namaste!

      Delete
  5. I have so many movies recorded off TV to watch! I might need to spend a weekend day chilling out doing just that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa, for stopping by. A chilled out weekend to watch movies sounds good. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. Well done you! If I made a list like that I'd be flat out doing two of the items. It's been very busy for me lately and I feel like all my best laid plans have gone out the window. #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take it easy, Kathy. You're so organized that I'm sure things will work out just fine. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Hi, Natalie - Your energy and enthusiasm for life continues to inspire me. Congratulations on your accomplishments -- they are very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna - Your kind words are very encouraging. I greatly appreciate your comments. Thank you.

      Delete