Greetings and happy Friday! Today we still have our last day of summer with high temperature around 27 Celsius (80F). The local garden centre was selling a lot of potted mums as shown above. Tomorrow, officially the first day of Autumn, our high temperature will be a cool 16 Celsius. So goodbye Summer and welcome Autumn! I'm looking forward to enjoying autumn colours in nature, pumpkins, less humid days, cooler nights, our Canadian Thanksgiving on October 8th this year, and the festive atmosphere around town in December.
It's been a wonderful summer for me with lots of fun outdoor activities and some travelling to French-speaking cities. I'm happy to wrap up my summer fun list with all items ticked off. More importantly, each of the experiences enriched my life while their quantity and quality exceeded my expectations.
Here's the outcomes of my Summer Fun List (June 21 to September 21, 2018):
- Visited farmers' markets seven times, local parks or beaches almost daily.
- Attended five summer festivals.
- Gone to ten outdoor concerts.
- Watched ten new-to-me movies.
- Viewed nine art exhibitions, not including arts seen during my travels.
- Enjoyed eight BBQ gatherings with my extended family in Toronto and Paris.
- Met up with friends in Quebec City in July as posted here.
- Celebrated my cousin's wedding in Paris, France in August - Yes, plus time to wander in Paris as posted here, and a side trip to Auvers-Sur-Oise still to be written up!
Here's my Autumn Fun List (September 22 to December 20, 2018):
- Attend ten concerts.
- Visit three art exhibitions.
- Watch ten movies.
- Try three new-to-me restaurants.
- Enjoy Thanksgiving with my family.
- Meet up with my friends for coffee or lunch.
- Write a guest post for another blog in October.
- Take a trip to explore Morocco in November.
How was your 3rd quarter of 2018? What good things happened? What's your plan for the new season? I'd love to hear your comments.