MY WINTER FUN LIST UPDATE #1:
1. Enjoy my family holiday party (on December 26): Yes! There were twenty-five of us in attendance. We enjoyed plenty of food, board games, and fun conversations. I talked to each of my nieces and nephews and listened to their news. They grow up so fast. We're now planning a get-together in February.
2. Start the New Year 2019 at home: Yes! On New Year's Day, we woke up later than normal, had a leisure breakfast, and enjoyed a relaxing day. My first cup of coffee in 2019 was so good, I made a second pot of coffee for us. It was a mild winter day, partly cloudy, with high temperature 6C (43F) so we went out for a 45-minute walk along the waterfront trail and enjoyed a beautiful view by the lake!
|Lake Ontario on New Year's Day 2019|
3. Visit the Winter Flower Show: Yes! I made this visit into a 'fit and fun' outing, and wrote about it here. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed doing it. There were many beautiful and bright colours at the Winter Flower Show, except the winter 'blues' :)
|Winter Flower Show|
4. Explore Guatemala in January: Yes! I had a wonderful, wonderful time in Guatemala. So many fantastic experiences to share on my blog once I sort out my travel materials. Below is a sample photo that I took while watching the sunrise over Lake Atitlán which is surrounded by three volcanoes. Note the contrast in weather and scenery between this photo and my photo in #7 below.
|Lake Atitlán, Guatemala|
5. Attend the Icefest event in February: Pending. This is an outdoor event that showcases incredible ice sculptures and live ice carving demonstrations. I hope the weather will cooperate on the event date.
6. Check out the Ice Breakers 2019 winter exhibition: Pending. The five winners of the Ice Breakers 2019 International Design Competition are installed outdoors and on display from January 19 to February 24, with the theme “Signal Transmission”.
7. Photograph snow-covered objects: When we barely had snow in December and the first two weeks of January, I began to wonder when I would be able to photograph snow-covered objects this season. Well, last Friday night into Saturday, Toronto had a major winter storm. By Monday morning it had stopped snowing and I was able to capture a few photos during my morning walk. I love the clear blue sky and green trees laden with fresh snow.
|Fresh winter snow|
8. Book a trip in the Spring with my sister: Pending. We've narrowed down our destination choices and will be going on a guided tour so that most of the logistics will be taken care of.
I counted five completed and three pending items. Stay tuned for my next Winter fun list progress update on February 21.
I'd love to hear about your fun activities this season.