Wednesday 15 March 2017

Mid-March 2017 review

I made chicken fried rice for dinner on Monday night and remembered to take a picture of my work. My family loves this dish and everyone eats it all up every time I make it. It has protein, carbs and veggies and is easy to prepare.

Natalie's chicken fried rice

I had a busy schedule in the first two weeks of March. So far this month is an improvement and is looking better than last month for me. I’m thankful for having a close knit family and a good health care system. I focused hard to complete my personal goals and did some fun activities.

Fitness: I got my exercises in and learned Spanish every day. The time spent on these fitness activities is my time to strengthen my mind and body. It is also very good for stress management.

Finance:
  • I’m on track with my savings target.
  • I dined out once with my sister at a Korean restaurant. Our talk time together was priceless as we’ve both been very busy.
  • I made reservations for a family weekend getaway next month.
  • I booked our tickets to go to Costa Rica this summer. We’ve got group rate for our air fares, and saved about $175 per person. This saving will go back into my Travel budget.
Fun:
  • I’m on track with posting weekly on this blog.
  • I enjoyed watching the movie “Crazy, Stupid Love” on DVD.
  • I tried a new Korean restaurant when I went out with my sister. The restaurant has been around for a number of years and I was a new customer. It was packed when we arrived. This is a good sign! We had to take a number but didn’t have to wait too long. Our dinner was tasty with big portions.
  • I’m reading about various travel destinations, partly to plan for our upcoming trips, and partly because I like to read about places.
We had an extreme cold alert and a snow storm this week. This is also March break week for school children and teachers in Toronto so the airport is typically busy with family travel on the Friday before and the weekend after the break. I just read on the news that many flights were cancelled due to the snow storm. So glad I’m not on one of those flights.

I’m looking forward to warmer temperatures and nicer Spring weather. In the next two weeks, I should be able to wrap up the accommodation bookings for our trip to Costa Rica. Then I’ll move on to planning for a second trip.

Hope March has been good to you. How are you doing with your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment