Welcome to our 7th Wellness Wednesday link up in 2018! Today I'm providing updates on my June wellness goals, setting goals for July, and linking up with a group of terrific bloggers who are also on the wellness adventure.
The optional prompt this month is Emotional health care tips. I'll share what I do to stay emotionally healthy. I look forward to reading any tips that my fellow bloggers or readers may have to share.
June wellness goal updates:
- Meditate 15 minutes daily: I continued to meet this goal in June. I feel that I've got a good habit doing this by now.
- Exercise one hour daily: I achieved this goal by walking, running 5K, yoga, or working out in the gym, both at home and abroad in June. The hotel that I stayed at in Warsaw had a fitness centre which made it convenient for me to get my workouts done.
- Smile or laugh daily: I had an excellent June as written here and many reasons to smile or laugh daily.
- Take online French and Spanish lessons daily, fifteen minutes for each: Yes! I've been doing this throughout the month of June.
- Meditate 15 minutes daily.
- Exercise one hour daily.
- Smile or laugh daily.
- Take online French and Spanish lessons daily, fifteen minutes for each language.
- Move my body daily: Physical activities such as walking improve my mood. When it comes to physical movements, I believe it's the consistency that gets results. Once I establish my fitness routine, I move on to increase the intensity, and introduce small changes to my routine to keep things fresh and to moderately challenge myself.
- Do the things that make me happy: I identify the list of 18 FEASTs at the start of this year and I make time for them. FEAST stands for Fitness, Entertainment, Arts, Social, and Travel.
- Be more mindful: I pay attention to what surrounds me and try to notice my thoughts and feelings. I find that my daily walk near nature is a great setting for me to be more mindful. I also make time to meditate 15 minutes daily. I'm mindful of the win circles.
- Practice deep breathing: Deep breathing relaxes my body. Try to breath in deeply, then exhale slowly and visualize the breath through your body. Do this a few times and I guarantee your body is more relaxed. I do deep breathing at night to help me fall asleep which leads to the next point.
- Sleep well: We know adequate sleep is important for our mind and body. When we don't have enough sleep, we feel tired and become cranky. I'd say that when I make time to do the above four steps, it's guaranteed that I'll sleep well.