Welcome to our 8th Wellness Wednesday link up in 2018! Today I'm providing updates on my July wellness goals, setting goals for August, and linking up with a group of terrific bloggers who are also on the wellness adventure.
July wellness goal updates:
- Meditate 15 minutes daily: I continued to meet this goal in July. I feel that it's time well-spent as part of my self-care routine.
- Exercise one hour daily: I got all my exercises in, both at home and in Quebec City, in July. The hotel that we stayed at in Quebec City had a gym with a nice view of the city and the surrounding mountain range. We had a heat wave that week so even with air-conditioning, the cold face towels provided in the gym were well-received.
- Smile or laugh daily: I had an excellent July as written here and many reasons to smile or laugh daily. We spent the first week of July with friends in beautiful Quebec City. Upon returning home, this summer continues to be great with mostly sunny days, lush green trees, bright flowers, fresh produce at the farmers' markets, live music, outdoor art exhibits, etc. I'm loving it!
- Take online French and Spanish lessons daily, fifteen minutes for each: I've been taking my language lessons throughout the month of July, and got to practice conversational French in Quebec.
- Meditate 15 minutes daily.
- Exercise one hour daily.
- Smile or laugh daily.
I plan to continue my language lessons with Duolingo but I expect a temporary break whenever I don't have Internet access. I'll get to practice conversational French in France so this will be a great substitute.
Last but not least, the optional Wellness prompt for this month is Healthy cooking tips. I look forward to reading all the healthy cooking tips that readers or other bloggers want to share. My practice of healthy cooking includes olive oil, lean meat, and fresh or frozen vegetables. We often steam, stir fry, bake, broil, or grill, and use non-stick cookware which requires less oil. We use herbs and spices to enhance the flavours. We rarely use butter and salt in our cooking.
Your turn...How are you doing with your wellness goals? Do you find it easier to keep your wellness goals in the summer? What's your favourite healthy cooking tip? I'd love to hear your comments.