Greetings! Welcome to our 9th Wellness Wednesday link up in 2018! Today I'm providing updates on my August wellness goals, setting goals for September, and linking up with a group of terrific bloggers who are also on the wellness adventure.
First, August wellness goal updates:
- Meditate 15 minutes daily - This is one activity that takes little of my time and keeps me centred so I make sure I do it daily. Combining it with deep abdominal breathing at night helps me fall asleep easily, too.
- Exercise one hour daily - I got all my exercises in while at home for the first three weeks of August. The last ten days of August I was in Paris without access to a gym. So I walked every day, took stairs (which were in every Metro station), ran in a nearby park, and did strengthening exercises using my body weight. The weather was great throughout my stay, except one afternoon with heavy rain. I was determined to keep up my fitness routine throughout August because I did not want to feel sluggish when I came home, and somehow the calories gained from enjoying French fresh baked goods, wine, champagne, and cheeses got to be deducted!
- Smile or laugh daily - This was easily achieved since August in a nutshell was a very social and happy month for me. I had a fun-filled time in Paris with my family.
- Meditate 15 minutes daily.
- Smile or laugh daily.
- Walk 45 minutes or more daily.
- Work out in the gym three times a week, one hour each time (Mon/Wed/Fri).
- Practice yoga twice a week, one hour each time (Tues/Thurs).
- Swim one hour weekly (Saturday).
- Run 5K and do stretches one hour weekly (Sunday).
Finally, the optional Wellness prompt for this month is Favourite strengthening exercises:
I like core strengthening exercises using my body weight such as planks, side planks, or superman. The planks look deceivingly easy but are challenging for me to do, and they are effective to build strong core muscles. My one-hour workouts at the gym typically include warm up, aerobic exercises to increase the heart rate, weight exercises, balance exercises, core strengthening exercises, and cool down.
Your turn...How are you doing with your wellness goals? What is your favourite strengthening exercise? I'd love to hear your comments.