|One fine day in September|
Without further ado, here's my September in a nutshell:
FITNESS - My September wellness goals, as posted here, kept me active every day. I'm very pleased with my progress and will share the details at our Wellness Wednesday link up on October 10. Feel free to join us, whether you just started working on your wellness plan or having been taking good care of your health for a while.
ENTERTAINMENT - After returning home from France, I took full advantage of the rich music programs in Toronto, and resumed my weekly movie nights with our neighbours. As a result, I was well entertained with:
- One outdoor concert by the DATU band, a modern Filipino music group. Four excellent indoor concerts performed by The Bedford Trio, Amijai Shalev, the Toronto Symphony Orchestra Cello Section, and the Artists of the Canadian Opera Company Ensemble Studio. The variety of musical instruments used in these concerts was quite interesting, from classical piano, violin, cello, to Filipino gongs and drums, to bandoneón which originated from Germany and became popular in Argentina, to a saw played by David Hetherington. I also like the floor-to-ceiling glass design of one of the Canadian Opera Company amphitheatres.
- Two in-flight movies (Justice League and Tomb Raider), and four movies with our neighbours (Adrift, Ocean's 8, Tag, and Solo Star Wars). I liked the action-comedy movies but didn't enjoy Adrift and Tag which were based on true stories.
|The Toronto Symphony Orchestra Cello Section|
|Pre-concert at the Canadian Opera Company|
ARTS - In September, I enjoyed a number of artistic and creative endeavours:
- Admired arts in Paris while wandering here and here.
- Continued my online French and Spanish lessons daily.
- Wrote seven posts on my blog, and one guest post for October.
- Viewed five art exhibits in Toronto: Shadows of Flowers by Jamila Alhaib, Nordic Glass by various Scandinavian artists, art work collections titled Joint Efforts, On Any Given Day, and the fifteen finalists of the RBC Canadian Painting Competition 2018. Each of the art exhibits that I attended is post-worthy, unfortunately I don't have time to write them up so please see sample photos below.
|Shadows of Flowers by Jamila Alhaib|
|Vuori, 2018 Glass by Sini Majuri|
|Hexagonal Cushions & Hanging Panel, Handwork Studio|
|In the Morning by Amanda Boulos|
SOCIAL - September was an incredible month in that I had plenty of fun time with my family and friends, considering how busy everyone is. I'm now up-to-date with my friends' news. Aside from my cousin's wedding in Paris, I had:
- one big family BBQ/ gathering to celebrate my nieces' birthdays.
- five coffee dates with my friends.
- five lunch dates with my friends at different restaurants as posted here.
TRAVEL - I had a fabulous time with my family in France and returned home with lots of photos to sort out. There is at least one more international trip that I want to take before the end of 2018. I chose to visit Morocco in November so I'm now in travel planning mode. A new adventure awaits!
Overall, September was a splendid month for me. I look forward to making October a fantastic month, and enjoying the activities on my Autumn fun list.
How was your September? What good things happened? I'd love to hear your comments.