Welcome to our 10th Wellness Wednesday link up in 2018! In this post, I'll share my September wellness goal updates and my October wellness goals.
After I returned home from France, I enjoyed having access to a gym and a swimming pool again. When I'm at home, I can do all my fitness activities consistently, unlike the modifications that I need to make when I'm traveling abroad. So let's see how I did in September.
September wellness goal updates:
- Meditate 15 minutes daily - Yes, this got done first thing in the morning and/ or before bed.
- Smile or laugh daily - Yes, and I'm grateful for all the positives in my life.
- Walk 45 minutes or more daily - 100% done, as I enjoy my morning walks, and walking is my primary mode of transportation.
- Work out in the gym three times a week, one hour each time (Mon/Wed/Fri) - Done nine times out of twelve dates. The other three dates I modified my workouts when I was in Paris without access to a gym.
- Practice yoga twice a week, one hour each time (Tues/Thurs) - Done eight times out of eight dates. I did three yoga sessions by myself, and attended five instructor-led Hatha yoga classes in September. I'm mixing self-directed yoga with instructor-led sessions to give myself variety.
- Swim one hour weekly (Saturday) - Done four out of five Saturdays in September. I missed one when I was in Paris without access to a swimming pool.
- Run 5K and do stretches one hour weekly (Sunday) - Done four out of five Sundays in September.
- Meditate 15 minutes daily.
- Smile or laugh daily.
- Walk 45 minutes or more daily.
- Work out in the gym three times a week, one hour each time.
- Practice yoga twice a week, one hour each time.
- Swim one hour weekly.
- Finish a 5K running race.
The web site also offers many ways we can help someone with cancer (or someone who is caring for someone with cancer). I've referred to this page for information when I helped someone in my circle of family and friends going through their cancer treatment program.
Your turn...How are you doing with your wellness goals? If you have any cancer care tips, please share.