Welcome to our 10th Wellness Wednesday link up in 2018! In this post, I'll share my September wellness goal updates and my October wellness goals.
After I returned home from France, I enjoyed having access to a gym and a swimming pool again. When I'm at home, I can do all my fitness activities consistently, unlike the modifications that I need to make when I'm traveling abroad. So let's see how I did in September.
September wellness goal updates:
- Meditate 15 minutes daily - Yes, this got done first thing in the morning and/ or before bed.
- Smile or laugh daily - Yes, and I'm grateful for all the positives in my life.
- Walk 45 minutes or more daily - 100% done, as I enjoy my morning walks, and walking is my primary mode of transportation.
- Work out in the gym three times a week, one hour each time (Mon/Wed/Fri) - Done nine times out of twelve dates. The other three dates I modified my workouts when I was in Paris without access to a gym.
- Practice yoga twice a week, one hour each time (Tues/Thurs) - Done eight times out of eight dates. I did three yoga sessions by myself, and attended five instructor-led Hatha yoga classes in September. I'm mixing self-directed yoga with instructor-led sessions to give myself variety.
- Swim one hour weekly (Saturday) - Done four out of five Saturdays in September. I missed one when I was in Paris without access to a swimming pool.
- Run 5K and do stretches one hour weekly (Sunday) - Done four out of five Sundays in September.
- Meditate 15 minutes daily.
- Smile or laugh daily.
- Walk 45 minutes or more daily.
- Work out in the gym three times a week, one hour each time.
- Practice yoga twice a week, one hour each time.
- Swim one hour weekly.
- Finish a 5K running race.
The web site also offers many ways we can help someone with cancer (or someone who is caring for someone with cancer). I've referred to this page for information when I helped someone in my circle of family and friends going through their cancer treatment program.
Your turn...How are you doing with your wellness goals? If you have any cancer care tips, please share.
Thank you every day for starting this Wellness Wednesday series. I have you to thank for the motivation to do better toward safe-keeping my health this year. Tell me we are going to continue in 2019! Otherwise, I might backslide into hibernation.ReplyDelete
I checked out the Canadian Cancer Association's website. Had to choose a province or region to enter, so picked Nova Scotia...one of the places I have traveled to in Canada. Very impressed with the comprehensive links and resources for assisting with helping a child diagnosed with cancer. When my nephew was diagnosed, we didn't have access to the information that abounds on the Internet today. In some ways, I am grateful but I would think having resources available for talking with a child about their cancer would be a blessing for parents and children. Heaven hold those babies close.
Always so impressed with the way you maintain good health and exercise routines while traveling. We are off to Phoenix tomorrow. Will be trying to walk, swim and hit the gym whenever possible.
Thank you, Natalie, thank you, for this year-long journey we have traveled together.
Thank you, Leslie, for joining me on this wellness journey. I'm in for 2019. I wonder how we can get more participants.Delete
The stats on cancer in Canada is a sobering reminder for us all, to take care of our health the best we can and to be compassionate to those affected by it.
You've been doing great with your wellness routine. Keep it up in Phoenix to maintain your fitness level and momentum. Have a safe and enjoyable trip!
Hi, Natalie - I remain in awe of how true you stay to your goals and commitments. You are extremely inspirational!ReplyDelete
Thank you, Donna, for your kind comment. I place my health at high priority and enjoy taking care of it every day.Delete
Well done, Natalie! And I apologize for not being diligent about joining in more regularly on this . . . I vow to do better! ☺ReplyDelete
It is cloudy here today, with a chance of showers, and I am much looking forward to heading out shortly for a walk to the ocean. I love walking on the beach i n the rain!
Re: Meditation. I'm currently at five minutes, two times a day. It's still hard to make it through the full five minutes without mentally wandering a bot, but I'm getting better little by little.
Nice to hear from you, Tamara. I missed you in this space and our Wellness Wednesday link up. I hope you join in any time to keep our 'tribe' strong and fun :)Delete
Walking on the beach sounds so nice, especially in your location. I'm far from an ocean and am thankful to live close to one of the Great Lakes.
Sounds like you're making good progress with your meditation. Consistency with the practice is the key. Our thoughts come and go, some days they are at a faster speed than the others. Meditation is part of my day now. I enjoy its benefits so much I'm committed to do it daily.